Friday, March 18, 2011

CREATION

Baking with my daughter
We share a lesson in creation

“Can we make chocolate chip cookies
without the morsels?”

I guess we will today

since you put them all

in your milk this morning.


“
What will we call them?”
They'll be our chocolate-chipless cookies,

and they'll be wonderful.


“
I want to wrap some
in purple paper and take them

to Aunt Jonnie”

We don't have purple,

but green will be pretty.


“
Will Aunt Jonnie love
chocolate-chipless cookies

in green wrappers?”

Aunt Jonnie will love them

because you loved them first,

and the color of the wrapper

won't change what's inside.


“
We can auntie my new left arm
with the moving elbow and fingers that bend”

My own left hand holds a plate of cookies,

I smile down to my right and see

beautiful plastic chocolate against vanilla fingers.


Her “wrapper” may be a different color,

and not all of the parts are perfect,

But how could I not love her

knowing He created and loved her first.
Baking with my daughter
We share a lesson in creation

“Can we make chocolate chip cookies
without the morsels?”

I guess we will today

since you put them all

in your milk this morning.


“
What will we call them?”
They'll be our chocolate-chipless cookies,

and they'll be wonderful.


“
I want to wrap some
in purple paper and take them

to Aunt Jonnie”

We don't have purple,

but green will be pretty.


“
Will Aunt Jonnie love
chocolate-chipless cookies

in green wrappers?”

Aunt Jonnie will love them

because you loved them first,

and the color of the wrapper

won't change what's inside.


“
We can auntie my new left arm
with the moving elbow and fingers that bend”

My own left hand holds a plate of cookies,

I smile down to my right and see

beautiful plastic chocolate against vanilla fingers.


Her “wrapper” may be a different color,

and not all of the parts are perfect,

But how could I not love her

knowing He created and loved her first.


~Gaylene


This is from a few years back, it has nothing to do with any personal experiences, but I believe the message is clear. The physical appearance, color, and imperfections don't matter. We are all children of The Universe, and we all need love - irregardless of our differences.

No comments:

Post a Comment