Thursday, April 21, 2011

OUBLIETTE

How much lower can a person get
Than drowning in an oubliette


They've lobotomized and pithed my brain
If I wasn't then, I'm now insane

Spinning down the vortex to hell

Where my soul will forever dwell


Save me from this cursed pit

Else by fate, I shall perish in it


I seek divine, truth, and light

But feel darkness as the night


Nighttime shines with moon and stars

Gods and goddesses from afar


Certainly They can lead me out

Toss me a line, show me the route.


Or if I'm to perish where I've been thrust

Here this body shall turn into dust


My soul will be free 'til time has an end

To join with my sister, lover, and friend.


Or send my soul to the Chamber of Guf

Perhaps this lifetime wasn't enough


I have just one wish when to my next life I ascend

I will have my sister, lover, and friend


~Gaylene


This was written over the last few days, it took a while to "give birth" to it, but as many, sometimes the best take time to come out. I am very happy with this poem, and hope you read it and see/feel the positive message I'm trying to convey.

1 comment:

  1. I love this....Been there done that... feelings are not good all the time, but all we can do is have hope in the next life time....

    ReplyDelete