Monday, April 4, 2011

SWEETEST

I tell everyone how so wonderful you are
It's about time I tell you

You own my heart, mind, body, and soul

And taught me about loving true


You make me want to do better

For with my flaws you accept me still

We have perfect love and trust

And I know we always will


Though I say some crazy things at times

You understand the source

You know my heart and soul

And get me back on the right course


I swore I'd never fall in love again

But you managed to steal my heart

It's fragile, so please take care of it

Because its yours now - every part


I am so glad The Gods sent me a man

Who is sensitive and strong

You are compassionate and sweet, yet tough

In your arms nothing is wrong


You stand beside me, and never let me down

That's something I've only dreamed of

I'm finally safe to be myself

While you teach me about love


So darling mine, I hope you see

How wonderful you are

You're way beyond my wildest dreams

And outshine the brightest star.

~Gaylene


I started
writing this a short time back and finished it in the tranquility of the High Sierras while I was in California for what was probably my final reunion with my entire family. While I had a wonderful time, I missed my sweetest so very much. I was inspired while I was there, how to complete this poem. I'm real happy with it's turn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment