Monday, February 21, 2011

CHASING THE OASIS

Running through the desert
toward what?
away from what?

Slow to a walk
am I safer now?
or less energetic?

I must keep going.
forward, onward
no going back.

My goal is in sight.
trees, green grass
water? water!

An oasis on the horizon
keep going forward
rewards are in sight

There I can refresh
the long journey over
finally rest

The reward for the toil
no more struggle
just peace

Why aren't I getting closer
it stays on the horizon
no matter how far I crawl

An oasis, a mirage?
like expecting gold
after chasing rainbows

There is no plush green land
just as there is no gold
and no water

Chasing an oasis
I've come to far to go back
and too far to go on

Why even take the trip
to chase mirages and lies
believing, gullibility

What is the great reward?
to perish in the sun and sand
exhausted by useless travel?

Convince me to go on
where am I going
and why bother

~Gaylene

 This one was written during a time of questioning faith and spirituality. I was questioning my own purpose and worth. Life has been a Hell for so long, that even the thought of hope seemed ridiculous. So, if there's no belief in hope in this life or another, why stay in this one? I'm very happy to say that I've come to terms about what I believe and who I am. I am filled with hope now that I have found true purpose in life. Love can heal so many wounds.

No comments:

Post a Comment