Tuesday, February 15, 2011

S. A. M.

We search the world over for our one true love
And we call them our soul mate
But what of our truest friends
The one who is there when so called love fades
Or we see the ugliest side 
Of the one we thought was made for us.

What of the friend that feels your pain
Knows everything about you 
And loves you anyway
When there is no romantic
Or sexual desire
But all you feel for them is love

This is not something to cheapen
By calling them a friend
The nearest thing to compare it to is sister
But even siblings fight bicker and estrange
I've often wondered the best term for such a relationship
Then I heard of Soul Twins

I find it the most accurate and beautiful phrase
To describe my feelings for you.
You feel my pain, understand me like you are in my mind
And listen to my woes and advise as needed
The Universe put us together as it would lovers
But as sisters, in the most beautiful way

I believe you are my soul twin
Forever to be sisters and friends
There is no force that can separate us
Either in this life or another
We will always have each other
With the inseparable bond of souls.

 ~Gaylene
 
Whenever I look back on my life, whether in times of joy, sadness, celebration, or trauma, there is one person that has been
there for me. She has held me up, kept me grounded, laughed, cried, advised, and listened quietly. Nobody in my life has
been as loyal to me as she. I have called her my "sister" for almost a quarter of a century, and this is a tribute to her. Today,
on her birthday, I want to celebrate her life, and how she has touched mine. I love you Sam, Happy Birthday!! 

1 comment: