Thursday, February 17, 2011

PRINCESS

You are the daughter of a king
That's why I call you my princess
God in Heaven created you
And sent you to me, my life to bless

He knew I wasn't perfect
Before He chose me as your mother
He also knew I could learn and grow
And love you like no other

He knew we'd share some growing pains
And struggles along our way
But my love for you has only grown
With every passing day

I want to be a better mom 
The one on whom you can depend
You can talk to me about anything
My love for you will never end

He created and loved you first
And sent you to me as a Heavenly Gift
I pray for you, and love you so
This love gives my spirit a lift

So my princess, daughter of The King
I am honored Our Father chose me
I am so proud to be your mom
My love will grow throughout eternity.

~Gaylene

This was written a few years back for all four of my daughters. The main purpose was an attempt to communicate to them that they were the precious gems of my life - a gift from Heaven that I cherished, and wanted to show how honored I was (and, by the way, still am) to be their mom. Happy Birthday Shalla, my oldest daughter, and one of these gems in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment