Monday, March 21, 2011

FERRAH

All the things we'll never do
Are like a knife in my heart

No games of Peek a Boo

Or PawJay's "pull my finger" farts


Grammy Awards and Girl Parties

Will have an empty seat

For our precious little one

We never got to meet


There'll be no weekends learning

To ride a scooter or a bike

Or tackling math with fractions

But that could be something you'd like


Are you with G.G. and Grandma Jean

Awaiting a better birthday

Or are you there forever

Waiting for us to come your way


You will always be my first

Oh granddaughter sweet

I can't wait to see your face

And finally hold you when we meet.


Love,

Grammy

~Gaylene


This was written for my first granddaughter, Ferrah
, who sadly passed away before she was able to be
born. We were waiting with anticipation for her birth, but she couldn't make it past the second trimester.
I love her and will always miss her forever. I will miss all the things we will never get to do, all the talks
we'll never have, and all the hugs we'll never share.

No comments:

Post a Comment