Sunday, March 6, 2011

MORE THAN ME

I am so much more than me
Close your eyes and tell me what you see

With your fingertips slowly feel my face

Eyes, nose, lips, chin, and ears
Continue to the back of my head
Run your fingers through my hair

Down my neck and beyond my shoulder

Pass my elbow to hold my hand
Interlace our fingers gently
Let me feel the strength of a man

Eyes still closed, with your other hand

Find your way to my heart
Feel the beat while we talk
How much do I tell, and where do I start

I've seen very few fields of clover

It's mostly been briers and thorns
Sometimes I try hard to fight back
Other times wish I was never born

I often sit in my corner rocking

Clutching my pillow and my dog
Don't ask me why, I probably don't know
Help me try to exit the fog

I am so much more than me

Open your eyes and tell me what you see

~Gaylene

This pretty much says it all. I am more than the labels doctors and shrinks try to pin on me. I am a person with a heart and feelings. This was written during a particularly dysfunctional relationship, and I'm so happy to be in such a loving partnership now.

No comments:

Post a Comment