Monday, March 7, 2011

JIGSAW PUZZLE

My life had become a puzzle
Five Thousand pieces
That needed to find their place
Scattered across a table
Some dropped to the floor
Tossed aside and stomped on
Tattered, torn, and crumpled
Carelessly, maliciously


Most people have no reson
To put such a puzzle together
Not knowing if it can be completed
You bravely took on the chllenge
Even the ones that seemed beyond repair
The pieces that contained my shattered heart
You painstakingly made the repairs
And gave me reason to hope


You gave me your heart
While you repaired mine
A puzzle within a puzzle
The pieces were crumbled and soaked with  tears
You dried them gently
And put the puzzle back together
Carefully, knowing how fragile it was
All the while teaching me to trust again


~Gaylene


This was written while I was wishing for someone that could help me trust again. After relationships that ended in the inability to trust, and thinking that I would never trust again, I desperately wanted the man in this poem. I wished for, wanted, even prayed for him to come into my life, while at the same time, I "knew" there was no one that would want me. As many of you know, I gave up on finding him, or anything else worthwhile to live for, then found my sweetest love. Funny how life works - especially when you think it just ISN'T working anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment