Tuesday, March 1, 2011

DECEPTION


Old Fat Ugly Stupid Worthless
Your words stung my soul like pain I had never felt

But the truth is sometimes hard to take
So I believed you.
You must be right, so I'd hide and be grateful
Grateful that you allowed me in your life
Grateful that you let me try to take care of you
~even though I never was that good at it
I tried to live worthy of your love;
A difficult task for someone with my qualities:
Old Fat Ugly Stupid Worthless
Now I could easily qualify or disqualify your spatterings
They were echoes of lies from another man
Another that I thought loved me
One that caused more pain than you ever could
He too made me believe too young, that I would never be
Beautiful, Valuable, or Decent.
Amazing the lies you believe when you're six.
Or twenty-six.


~Gaylene

As you can probably tell, this one is another of my older poems. It still stirs up a lot of feelings for me, but
the good thing is that I've found the words to be false. Especially the first line. My sweetest love has

helped me find the good within myself. He has made me feel
that I am intelligent, that I have a lot to contribute,
including my talents, my ability to love freely, and my empathetic nature. Just to name a few. He was definitely

worth a forty-five year wait.
~:o}

1 comment:

  1. Another one that is right on. Unfortunately in order to understand that feeling we have to experience it and learn from it.... not everyone does but for those that do it gives us the oppertunity to choose how we are going to treat others because we already know the pain it causes.

    ReplyDelete