Sunday, March 13, 2011

NUMBERED DAYS

My days are numbered
      or so it seems
From maniacal days
      to horrific dreams
How long am I expected
      to continue this life
I'm but a shell of myself
      my soul filled with strife
My mind is quickly going
      or perhaps already gone
I feel my life and soul
      being pulled and drawn
Life after life - or death as it's called
      seems so much better
I'm the one that is forced to "live"
      secluded from the world in a cloister
How do I love the ones I don't know
      or not fear "strangers" I've known for years
I would be better remembered as I was
      by my family, friends, and peers
Death will not come today
      nor in the real near future
When I choose the time, and I will
      I will have a peaceful departure
Don't cry or mourn for me too long
      remember life has no end
I'll simply slip to another place
      reuniting with family and friends
I've lived my life and fought the fight
      it's not the years but the miles
One shit sundae after another
      let me roam in The Heavens' Aisles

      ~Gaylene

This one is very new, just written yesterday in fact.  It comes from the deepest parts of my soul - my very being.  From the Bi-Polar roller coaster to the Alzheimer's, and everything in between, sometimes it just seems like more than I can OR SHOULD have to live with.  When I get to the the point where I don't remember the names of my grandchildren, and my children and loved ones become strangers that I don't remember, it will be too much for me.  How do I convince a grandchild that I love them even though I don't remember who they are, and with my fear of strangers, panicking every time I see a "stranger" isn't how I'm going to be willing to live, so I'm not going to let it get to that point. I've got time, months or maybe even years, so don't start bidding on my possessions just yet  ~:o} 

No comments:

Post a Comment