Wednesday, March 2, 2011

JEANNIE

I know that we have never met
But I've seen her before
She's a perfect combination
Of her mom and dad and more

Mom's mouth and dimpled cheeks
Around her daddy's nose
G.G.'s chin that has a cleft
Grammy's feet and Papa's toes

For the color of eyes
Go back three generations
There are lots of little quirks
From several relations

She stole my heart
And has my mothers name
Since she came into my life
Nothing's been the same

Time goes by so quickly
Too soon she'll be grown
She'll find a good man
Then have babes of her own

They will look familiar
These little ones so pure
Another generation
To show God's love is sure.

~Gaylene

I wrote this one last year shortly after Jeannie was born. It was such a thrill to witness her birth, and to become
a "Grammy". I love her so much, and she's grown so quickly. It's had to believe she is a whole year old today!
I love you my Jeannie! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment